As of Tuesday October 13, the library will be open without appointments.
In accordance with the Governor’s recent announcement concerning libraries and Phase III, Step 2, which included an increase in library capacity limits, the library is planning to reopen to the public without appointments beginning on Tuesday October 13.
Beginning October 13, the library will be open the following hours:
- Building: 10am-8pm
- Curbside: 10am-12pm; 1pm-7pm
- Building: 10am-4pm
- Curbside: 10am-12pm; 1pm-3pm
Patrons using the library are required to observe these guidelines:
- Patrons recently exposed to COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms should not enter the building.
- All patrons will be required to wear a face covering the entire time they are in the building.
- Food will not be allowed in the building and vending machines will be unavailable.
- Patrons entering the building should sanitize their hands before handling any library materials.
- When possible, patrons should keep their visits short (30-60 minutes) to help us stay within capacity limits.
- Patrons looking to use a computer may stay longer than 60 minutes. A limited number of computers, spaced out at least six feet apart, will be available on a first come first served basis.
- A limited number of tables and carrels, spaced out at least six feet apart, will be available on a first come first served basis for individual study only. Patrons studying may stay longer than 60 minutes.
- Patrons visiting the Children’s Room should note capacity is strictly limited to 15 patrons at a time, so there may occasionally be a wait if the room has reached capacity. In addition, the seating, computers/iPads, toys/manipulatives, and the Discovery Center will not be available.
- Borrowing and browsing of non-specialty items
- Curbside pickup
- Curbside printing
- Using computers and printing in the building
- Individual study tables and carrels in the building
- Charging station
- Donation Acceptance – Please see policy.
- Comfortable seating on main and 2nd floor
- Reference services, including chat, email, and in-person
- Meeting with a Librarian, including in-person and remotely
- Item location assistance
- Limited museum passes
- Limited specialty items
- E-books and e-resources
- Get a library card in-person or remotely
- Remote programming/services:
Services Not Available
- Meeting Room / Conference Room / Study Room bookings and use
- Some specialty item borrowing/booking
- Discovery Center
- Children’s games, toys, manipulatives, and kits
- Notary service
- Passport processing service
- Headphones and ear plugs will not be available
- Family Friends Bookstore
- Vending machines and coffee machine
- In-person book clubs/groups (COA Book Group is meeting remotely)