The library will be reopening with limited services on Monday July 13 by appointment only.
We are instituting an appointment system to comply with state guidelines for libraries in phase 3, specifically concerning social distancing.
- At least 24 hours in advance of your desired appointment (no same day appointments), go to our website or call us at 978-671-0948 ext. 4. The further in advance you make your appointment, the easier.
- Pick your reason for visiting: browsing, computers/printing, copying, or faxing.
- Pick an available one hour appointment time. To ensure equal access for all, please limit yourself to one appointment per day.
- Come to the library promptly at your appointment time.
- If you are early, wait in your car.
- At your appointment time, come to the main entrance (sliding glass) doors.
- You will be checked in and then welcomed to the building.
- You will have one hour to accomplish your reason for visiting. Please exit through the wooden doors or see a circulation staff member if you require use of the ramp to exit.
- Borrowing and browsing of non-specialty items by appointment
- Curbside pickup
- Curbside printing
- Using computers and printing in the building by appointment
- Reference services, including chat
- Remote one-on-one technology appointments
- Item location assistance during browsing appointment
- Tax forms (deadlines extended until July 15) during browsing appointment
- E-books and e-resources
- Get a library card in-person during browsing appointment or remotely
- Remote programming/services:
Services Not Available
- Meeting Room / Study Room reservations
- Museum passes
- Specialty item borrowing/booking
- Spaces for quiet study
- Discovery Center
- Games, toys, manipulatives
- In-person technology appointments
- Notary service
- Passport processing service
- Headphones and ear plugs will not be available
- Charging stations
- Borrowing of phones/laptop cords or laptops for in-library use
- Tax preparation appointments
- Donation acceptance
- Family Friends Bookstore
- Vending machines and coffee machine
- In-person book clubs/groups (COA Book Group is meeting remotely)
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 7pm
- Friday 9am – 3pm
- Saturday 9am – 12pm
One-on-One Remote Assistance Hours
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 9pm
- Friday 9am – 5pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm