Current Adult Volunteer Positions
Assistant to the Community Services Librarian
- Travel with Librarian to assisted living facilities in the area to help facilitate a fun, travel-based program called “Tales and Travels” by handing out materials, chatting with residents, and participating in songs, stories, and/or crafts
- Research topics for the program in the library, finding facts to share with the residents
- Prepare simple craft packets for the program
- Participate in other library outreach events on an as-needed basis
Technology Cleaning Assistant
- Work with the Supervisor of Technology to establish a regular cleaning schedule for the library’s public computers and other technologies
- Perform regular cleanings of the library’s public computers and other technologies according to training
Note: Information on young adult volunteer opportunities can be found here.
Applying for an Adult Volunteer Position
- Verify that there are available opportunities listed above.
- Review our Volunteer Policy.
- Complete an application.
- Send completed application to the Volunteer Coordinator:
Joe St. Germain
Billerica Public Library
15 Concord Rd
Billerica, MA 01821