Billerica Public Library offers a plethora of technologies for your use. Along with those services listed below, the library also offers access to the AWE Early Literacy Stations, Gaming consoles, and an iPad kiosk loaded with children’s educational games and activities. Computers in the children’s room are monitored by security software which blocks certain age-inappropriate sites. Self check-out machines allow patrons to checkout and renew items.
The library is looking for new technologies to implement which will engage and enhance the user experience. To suggest a new technology, please contact the Technology Librarian.
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the library. No registration or password is required.
The wireless network names on different floors of the building are:
- BPL-mainfloor on the main floor,
- BPL-upstairs & BPL- upstairs rear on the second floor
- BPL-childrens on the lower level or Children’s room
In order to use the wireless service you need a laptop computer, tablet, phone, or any other wireless device with a properly configured wireless network interface card.
Check out free WiFi from the library
- Borrow a HotSpot from the library and stay connected to the internet whenever you are on the go.
- You can connect up to 10 Wifi enabled devices to a BPL HotSpot and get high speed internet virtually anywhere.
- For more details click here
- Public desktop computers with internet access are available on all three floors of the building.
- The PC’s are loaded with Windows 10 (OS), Microsoft Office 2013, iTunes, and the latest browsers including Microsoft edge.
- Adobe Premiere & Photoshop elements13 for Video/photo editing is available on the Young Adult workstations.
- Adobe Acrobat XI for PDF conversion & editing is available in the Genealogy room on the second floor.
- Users must sign-in to a public computer with a valid library card or guest pass.
- Time limits may apply. The library’s internet access policy can be found here.
- Users of the library’s public computers may save files to their own flash drives or floppy discs. We keep supplies of flash drives($3.00 each) and head phones($1.50 each) at the reference desk.
Black & White and color printing service is available from all public computers at a charge of 20 cents per copy for a B&W and 30 cents for color.
Send documents and other items to the library for printing through our Mobile Print Service.
Forward an email attachment to:
- You could download the PrinterOn App on your mobile devices as well.
Copy, Scan and Fax
- Photocopiers are available on the main and second floor of the building.
- The main floor copier only copies in Black&White while the second floor copier copies both in color and Black & White.
- The charge for a Black&White copy is $0.20/page and color is $0.30/page.
Several public workstations on the second floor with attached flatbed and document scanners are available where patrons can scan documents to print or save.There is no charge for scanning.
Our public fax machine on the main floor is available at the cost of $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. Payments can be made using a credit or debit card or a prepaid fax card available for purchase at the circulation desk. We have a new online fax and scan service available from our website. Click here for details!
Adobe Acrobat XI & Premiere Elements
The Adobe Acrobat XI software which allows free editing and conversion of PDF files at the library is available on our local history computer on the second floor.
Adobe Premiere elements software which allows free photo and video editing is available on all our YA public stations.
Smart Card Readers
The library has SD and Military smart card readers available for use within the library at the circulation and reference desk. For any questions and comments email Abby at [email protected] or call 978-671-0948 ext 4105.