Only Billerica, or other MVLC library, cardholders in good standing (i.e. library account is not blocked due to unpaid fees or lost materials) can check out an e-reader.
- Only patrons in grades 6 and up may borrow an e-reader.
- Only one e-reader per cardholder may be checked out at any given time.
- Once an e-reader is checked out to a patron, it becomes the responsibility of that patron until it is returned to the library.
- E-readers are checked out for three (3) weeks, and may not be renewed.
- E-readers can be reserved through the online catalog, by phone, or at any of the library’s service desks, for pick up at the Billerica Public Library (they cannot be sent to other libraries).
- E-readers must be returned to the Circulation Staff inside the Billerica Public Library; they cannot be returned to other libraries or through the library’s book drop(s).
- The patron agrees to follow the user guidelines set forth by the library when using a library e-reader.
- The library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning e-readers.
Fees and Liabilities:
- Late return fees are $5.00 per day.
- The patron is responsible for full replacement cost if the e-reader or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the patron should immediately bring the e-reader back to the library.
- Replacement costs:
- Complete Kindle Kit: $200
- Complete kit includes device and components listed below. Individual
replacement costs are:
- Kindle Device $150
- Kindle Case $40
- Power Adapter $20
- Micro-USB cable $10
Last Updated July 2014