- Prior to borrowing Library of Things, all patrons must (a) have a permanent library card (cannot be temporary card) in good standing and (b) sign a waiver form (if applicable). Patrons must be 18 years or older to borrow electronic Library of Things (with the exception of Kindles).
- Library staff is available to assist in explaining the operation of Library of Things. However, by taking possession of any item, the patron is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
- Only the patron is authorized to use the Library of Things items borrowed. The patron shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person.
- Library of Things check out periods vary based on individual items.
- All Library of Things borrowed must be returned during the library’s open hours to the circulation desk.
- Patrons may have up to 3 Library of Things checked out at a time.
- The library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed Library of Things.
- If any borrowed Library of Things becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, the patron must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify the library of the issue on return.
- All Library of Things are to be returned in the same condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. The patron agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item.
Please see our chart of Loan Periods for details on items in our Library of Things collection.
Click here for a PDF version of our policy.