The Billerica Public Library offers a number of different passes to museums and attractions in New England. The passes are available for the use of Billerica residents who hold a library card and to non-resident card-holders who are members of the Family Friends of the Library and are in good standing with the Library. The passes are provided to the library through the generous sponsorship of the Family Friends of the Library and local sponsoring businesses and organizations.Select Pass by Museum Select Pass by Date
- Children’s Discovery & Science Museums – Reduced Price for a group of 3
- Children’s Museum-Boston (Coupon Pass) – Half Price for a group of 4
- Davis Farmland – Pass admits up to 4 visitors at $8.00 off (Prices change through the summer, please check the Davis Farmland website).
- deCordova Sculpture Park & Museum – Free for a group of 4
- Drumlin Farm – Free for a group of 4- $2 admission fee for entry into any Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ecotarium – Pass admits up to 2 adults and 2 children at $7.50 per adult and $5 per child
- Einstein’s Workshop – Free for 2 children (an adult can accompany each child for free)
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum – Reduced Price for a group of 4
- Lowell Spinners Baseball – Pass admits up to 6 visitors at half price.
- Massachusetts State Parks
- Merrimack Repertory Theatre – The Pass entitles the holder to $10 off each ticket purchased for any performance .
- Museum of Fine Arts (Coupon Pass) – Reduced Price for a group of 2
- Museum of Science (Coupon Pass) – Reduced Price for a group of 4
- New England Aquarium (Coupon Pass) – Reduced Price for a group of 4 [unavailable Jul/Aug]
- Peabody Essex Museum (Coupon Pass) – Reduced Price for a group of 2
- Roger Williams Park Zoo – Reduced Price for a group of 4
- Salem Witch Museum – Pass admits up to 6 visitors at a discounted rate, $7.25 for adults and $5.25 for children
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden – Admits 2 people at half price
- Zoo New England (Coupon Pass) – Reduced Price for a group of 6
Rules & Regulations
The library has one pass per museum per day. Passes admit more than one person to the museum or attraction either for free or at a discounted rate. Eligible users may reserve one pass per day and only one pass per week. Passes may be reserved up to 60 days in advance. The library cannot guarantee that a specific pass will be available on a specific day. All reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
The various museums or attractions have either coupon passes – which are a paper ticket that does not have to be returned – or a plastic pass that has to be returned to the library no later than the morning after the pass use. Passes can be dropped in the book drop when the library is not open. Passes may be picked up, in most cases, up to four days in advance. Some passes, which are earmarked for multiple days (for example, Mon-Wed-Fri or Tues-Thurs), can only be picked up the day before or the morning of the pass use.
For details on a specific pass or how to reserve it, call us at 978-671-0948 (press 4).
Passes may be reserved in three ways:
- Visit the information desk on the 2nd floor of the library and talk to the librarian.
- Visit the library’s web site and reserve the pass over the Internet (You will need your library card number and your PIN number to log in. Your PIN number is the last four digits of the telephone number that you registered when you got your library card.) When reserving a pass for yourself, be sure that you follow all directions and reserve the correct available date.
- Call the library – 978-671-0948 (press 4) – and ask the Information Desk librarian to reserve a pass for you.