The Children’s Room at The Billerica Public Library serves children from infancy through age 10. We are dedicated to offering an educational, inviting and fun environment where children and their families/caregivers feel welcome and supported.
The Children’s Room offers:
- an extensive collection of board books, picture books, beginning readers, fiction and non-fiction books, graphic novels, audiobooks, music CDs, themed kits, DVDs, magazines, and Xbox and Wii games.
- 4 computers with Internet access and word processing
- 3 computers with pre-loaded educational games
- 2 computer AWE Early Literacy Stations (ELS) for kids ages 2-8 years old with educational games focusing on math, reading, science, music and other subjects
- a Discovery Center with rotating themes where children explore STEM topics through books, games, puppets, manipulatives and more
- 2 iPads with age-appropriate apps
In addition, the library offers of full array of programs and services throughout the year that encourage children to develop a love of reading and learning. These include weekly story hours for various ages and a variety of programs focusing on music, drama, art, nature and STEM-related topics. Please check the calendar for a schedule of upcoming events.
Performances and program are funded by the Family Friends of the Billerica Public Library, the Local Cultural Council, scholarships, grants and donations to the Library from area businesses.