The Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) is a network of public libraries serving thirty-six communities throughout the Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts, including Billerica. Nearly three million items are speedily available to Billerica patrons through MVLC. View our Request & Renew page for more information.
MVLC Circulation Policies
Each member library is an independent entity and regulations, fines and charges will vary from library to library. However, MVLC members do have some policies in common:
- Residents of MVLC communities must have a library card from their home-town library.
- Your MVLC card may be used at any public library in the consortium.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Most materials may be returned to any MVLC library.
- Replacement costs will be charged for lost or damaged materials.
- Fines and replacement costs may be paid at any MVLC library.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if materials are not returned or if overdue fines are not paid.
Also, for your own protection, please remember:
- If you change your name or your address, please report it to your local library immediately.
- If your card is lost or stolen, please report it to your local library immediately.