The Billerica Public Library strives to make its spaces, resources, and services accessible to all users, including those who may not be able to visit the library.
- Handicapped parking spaces, including spaces for vans, are located near the Billericay Way entrance
- The Billericay Way entrance has a ramp for wheelchair access as well as automatic doors
- All floors of the library are accessible via an elevator
- 2 handicapped accessible restrooms (1 on the lower level and 1 on the 2nd floor)
- Many 2nd floor computers are proper height to be operated from a wheelchair
- A number of items that assist in mobility, which can be borrowed from the Circulation Desk, including 3 wheelchairs, 8 walkers, 2 sets of crutches, and 2 canes
- A large print book collection (both fiction and non-fiction) shelved on the 1st floor
- A collection of audiobooks on the 1st floor
- Kindle readers for borrowing at the Circulation Desk (text size can be adjusted on device)
- Access to electronic books and audiobooks through Overdrive
- An Optelec Adjustable Magnifier to more easily read small print documents located on the 2nd floor
- Three Magna-Page Full Page Magnifiers (2 for circulation and one for in-library use)
- DVDs with subtitles and/or closed captioning
- Earbuds can be purchased for $1.50 at the 2nd floor Information Desk for use on library computers
- Reference assistance can be provided remotely via email ([email protected]) or phone (978-671-0948 ext 4103).
- Staff at the 2nd floor Information Desk can provide assistance with using the library’s online catalog.
- Staff on any of the library’s three floors can assist with retrieving materials from the shelves.
- Homebound Delivery is provided to Billerica residents who are homebound because of disability or illness. To request this service, contact Joe ([email protected]) or complete our online form.
- A variety of outreach services are offered by the library.