The Billerica Public Library strives to make its website, spaces, resources, and services accessible to all users, including those who may not be able to visit the library.
- The library website is designed to comply with WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- The library website includes an Accessibility Menu (found on the top right corner on the desktop site and on the middle left corner on the mobile site) that allows users to customize the site’s design to enhance accessibility.
- If you use our Accessibility Menu and/or assistive technology and you encounter a formatting issue that impedes your ability to access information, please contact us. When contacting us, please describe the accessibility issue, what format you would like to receive the information in, the web address of the information you were unable to access, and how you would like to be contacted.
- Handicapped parking spaces, including spaces for vans, are located near the Billericay Way entrance
- The Billericay Way entrance has a ramp for wheelchair access as well as automatic doors
- All floors of the library are accessible via an elevator
- 2 handicapped accessible restrooms (1 on the lower level and 1 on the 2nd floor)
- Many 2nd floor computers are proper height to be operated from a wheelchair
- A number of items that assist in mobility, which can be borrowed from the Circulation Desk, including wheelchairs, walkers, sets of crutches, and canes
- A large print book collection (both fiction and non-fiction) shelved on the 1st floor
- A collection of audiobooks on the 1st floor
- Kindle readers for borrowing at the Circulation Desk (text size can be adjusted on device)
- Access to electronic books and audiobooks through Overdrive
- Three Magna-Page Full Page Magnifiers (2 for circulation and one for in-library use)
- DVDs with subtitles and/or closed captioning
- Earbuds can be purchased for $1.50 at the 2nd floor Information Desk for use on library computers
- Reference assistance can be provided remotely via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), chat, SMS/text (978-630-7733) or phone (978-671-0949 ext 4).
- Staff at the 2nd floor Reference Desk can provide assistance with using the library’s online catalog.
- Staff on any of the library’s three floors can assist with retrieving materials from the shelves.
- Homebound Delivery is provided to Billerica residents who are homebound because of disability or illness. To request this service, complete our online form.
- A variety of community services are offered by the library.