As we head into this next school year in Billerica, we know that teachers, administrators and parents are hard at work preparing solid curriculum options, both hybrid and remote. In light of this, we want to remind you (and your children) of another great resource – The Billerica Public Library!
In addition to books, we are here to offer a variety of tools, support, programs and resources to help during during this difficult time.
- Padlet (including previously recorded storytimes)
- Hoopla – a newly acquired, digital media resource which offers thousands of ebooks, audio books, graphic novels, comics, movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries and music titles
- Kanopy – streaming movies, documentaries, storytimes
- Overdrive – a resource for ebooks and audiobooks
- Website resources (including newspapers,encyclopedias, Mango languages, Gale resources, etc.)
- Appointment-based, one hour library visits which allow for computer use, browsing, copying and printing, and reference assistance
- Curbside pickup (book bundles, remote printing, library holds)
- Readers’ advisory through phone or email
- Virtual, enrichment programs for children ages 0-10 which include:
- Morning, fall storytimes (via zoom)
- Pre-school science programs
- Sciencetellers events which use science experiments to tell stories
- Book discussion groups
- Grab-n-go crafts
- Holiday performances (Halloween, Nutcracker, etc.)
- animal programs, puppet shows, magic shows
- Monthly “Melodies & More” music programs
- Monthly yoga programs
Child Safety Policy
- Museum passes: The library offers a number of different passes to museums and attractions in New England. Click here for further information.
- Ellison machine: Bring your own paper and use our die cutout which include shapes, letters, animals, and seasonal images.
- A giant parachute: A multi-colored, vinyl parachute is available for indoor/outdoor play.
- Cake Pans: Borrow a specialty cake pan
- Telescope: Borrow for one week for free