In addition to books, the Children’s Room and the library offer a variety of tools, supports, programs and resources to promote learning, literacy, and engagement.
This site contains recorded storytimes, along with links to performers, resources, and video activities.
Hoopla offers thousands of e-books, audiobooks, graphic novels, comics, movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries and music titles available without a wait.
Kanopy provides access to streaming movies, documentaries, and more.
A resource for e-books and audiobooks.
Child Safety Policy
- Museum passes: The library offers a number of different passes to museums and attractions in New England. Click here for further information.
- Ellison machine: Bring your own paper and use our die cutout which include shapes, letters, animals, and seasonal images.
- A giant parachute: A multi-colored, vinyl parachute is available for indoor/outdoor play.
- Cake Pans: Borrow a specialty cake pan.
- Telescope: Borrow for one week for free.
- Library of Things: Borrow board games, a graphing calculator, and more.
- Great Web Sites for Kids from the American Library Association
- Caldecott Medal Winners from the American Library Association
- Newbury Medal Winners from the American Library Association
- Leveled Books Chart
- American Academy of Pediatrics This award winning website provides a wide range of helpful information for parents.
- Series Books in Order Find out which book comes next in your favorite series (from the Mid-Continent Public Library)
- Reading Rockets PBS produced website where you can launch your child into a bright future with reading strategies
- Fun & Games sites Taken from Memorial Hall Library, Andover, MA
- Homework Center From Multinomah County Library (OR)