Any child age 5 or older, may get a library card. For further information, click here.
Child Safety Policy
All children under age 9 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or caregiver at least 14 years old or older. Please read the full Child Safety Policy.
Computers in the Children’s Room are reserved for families with children. It is the responsibility of a parent or caregiver to ensure appropriate use of computers by children.
- Museum passes: The library offers a number of different passes to museums and attractions in New England. Click here for further information.
- Themed Kits: Borrow from our collection of over 75 single-subject backpacks containing books, manipulatives and dvds to be used by parents or caregivers for children for ages 1-7.
- Ellison machine: Bring your own paper and use our die cutout which include shapes, letters, animals, and seasonal images.
- A giant parachute: A multi-colored, vinyl parachute is available for indoor/outdoor play.
- Cake Pans: Borrow a specialty cake pan
- Telescope: Borrow for one week for free
- Mailbox magazine (preschool and kindergarten editions) which have excellent ideas, themes, crafts, etc.
Great Web Sites for Kids from the American Library Association
Caldecott Medal Winners from the American Library Association
Newbury Medal Winners from the American Library Association
American Academy of Pediatrics This award winning website provides a wide range of helpful information for parents.
Series Books in Order Find out which book comes next in your favorite series (from the Mid-Continent Public Library)
MA Early Learning Guidelines for Toddlers and Infants Great resources and research about early literacy.
Reading Rockets PBS produced website where you can launch your child into a bright future with reading strategies
Fun & Games sites Taken from Memorial Hall Library, Andover, MA
Homework Center From Multinomah County Library (OR)