January 1 – February 20 [Extended!]
For All Ages
Billerica Public Library invites residents to join us and participate in Beanstack’s Annual Winter Reading Challenge, sponsored by Simon & Schuster. Books Like Us encourages readers to picture themselves as part of this wonderful journey of reading!
- We challenge you to read at least 600 minutes during the month of January (that’s about 20 minutes per day) and track that time here in Beanstack. Share you progress on social media using #WinterRead2021 and be sure to tag us!
- As you record your reading time, you will earn badges.
- When you reach 600 minutes you’ll have “completed” the program and achieved the completion badge. But, keep logging more minutes for further badges and more changes to win!
- There are also badges for submitting book reviews, completing activities and attending library programs.
Win a Personal Prize
- Your minutes read and badges earned will turn into chances to win one of Billerica Library “Winter Reads” package at the end of the challenge.
- One package will be awarded per group, Children’s, Teens, & Adult (You don’t need to “complete” the program or reach the 600-minute goal to be eligible to win).
- Winners will be drawn randomly, but the more minutes you read and activity you complete, the greater your chances!
Win Prizes for the Community
- But wait, there’s more! Thousands of libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books. Top-performing libraries and schools will earn rewards from Simon & Schuster, including book collections and virtual author visits.
- Let’s rediscover ourselves this winter through the books we read, and try to read 200,000 minutes as a community!
How to Participate
- Visit our Beanstack page. Click the “register” button if you need to create an account, or click the “sign in” button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile device (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
Logging Your Reading
- Pre-register for the challenge. It is open for all ages!
- This challenge uses Logging Badges.
- Click to log the minutes that you read.
- You will earn a logging badge for every 60 minutes logged.
- The challenge is completed when you log 600 minutes!
Optional Activity Badges
- Take the opportunity to learn more about the featured diverse authors and answer brief questions to earn activity badges.
- Each participant that logs reading onto Beanstack will be entered to win a “Winter Reads” package. Books to be enjoyed during these winter months.
- Thousands of libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books. Prizes will include book collections and virtual author visits. Ten (10) winning schools or libraries will each get a collection of fifty (50) books from the “Books Like Us” collection.
If you have trouble setting up or accessing your account, or have any other questions, please contact us any time at 978-671-0749 x4 or email@example.com.