The North Cemetery was established in 1816, although, like many of the other cemeteries in town, there were burials earlier than the established date. The cemetery is on Salem Road just east of Pollard Street and adjacent to the railroad track. There are some very beautiful and interesting stones located here including some from the Revolutionary War.
The following catalog index has been created by Eagle Scout Daniel Caulfield, Troop 11, Billerica, MA. For his Eagle Project, Daniel took on the daunting task of cataloging, photographing and mapping all of the monuments in the North Cemetery. The full catalog, including epitaphs and photographs, are available at the Billerica Public Library or specific inquiries may be made via email to Kathy Meagher.
We wish to express our deep appreciation to Daniel for all his time and effort!View Files