Use of the library facility by an outside group and/or organization, excluding the Meeting Room and Conference Room, requires direct approval by the Board of Library Trustees in consultation with the Library Director.
The Board of Library Trustees will only consider requests by outside organizations and/or groups that are registered non-profits primarily serving the Billerica community.
Generally, upon approval, outside organizations and/or groups using the library facility must adhere to the following conditions:
- To prevent any service disruption to library patrons, use of the library facility during regular operating hours is limited to activities that do not interfere with general operations. Further, setup for any event occurring after library hours cannot begin until one hour before the library’s posted closing time.
- For the safety of attendees, total capacity for any event at the library cannot exceed 282.
- Outside organizations and/or groups hosting events will be responsible for any and all set up, clean up, and running of the event. At the end of the event, outside organizations and/or groups are required to restore the library back to the condition it was in before the event.
- To avoid confusion among the public, when applicable, the outside organization and/or group must clearly publicize the event’s purpose and clarify where any funds raised by the event go.
- For events after library hours, a library staff member will be required to be present. Any compensation paid by the library for staff time outside of the library’s regular operating hours must be reimbursed by the outside organization and/or group. This may include overtime pay.
- The library will not change or extend its normal operating hours to accommodate outside organization and/or group events.
- Outside organizations and/or groups hosting events may be asked to provide funds to clean the library’s carpets and must agree to do so as a stipulation of use.
- Usage of the library facility not covered in these conditions will be at the discretion of the Library Director.
Revised and adopted by a vote of the Board of Library Trustees on January 6, 2020, as amended on March 2, 2020